12 December 2009

"Why?"

Occasionally the cacophonous riot of voices in my head will for whatever reason all take a breath at the same moment and leave one of those odd semi-awkward quiet moments hanging in my interior monolog, giving one or two of the normally obscured whimpering voices a rare opportunity to be heard (if not heeded).

It happened again this morning (8:47am CST for those scoring along in the home edition) when a lull hit town and I heard this Cindy Lou Who voice in my head ask "Why, Brett, why? Why do you want to make movies?"

And then iTunes randomly provided me the answer, as a certain music cue cranked and reminded me of one of my all-time favorite movie sequences, one of those that allowed me to just smile and point and say "There. That's why. Just once I want to be able to say that I helped make something like that happen on a screen."



I dunno if I'll ever get there. But dammit, at least there's a goal of sorts.

Onwards.
.
.
.
B

3 comments:

E.C. Henry said...

You like shoot-outs don't you, Brett?

Currently I'm working on a spec which has a couple big shoot-outs in it.

I'm a HUGE fan of the shoot-outs, but in the past I've always been more of a rom-com guy...

Always good to be reminded, and go back to you roots. What interests you sounds like it would make good cinema. Onwards, indeed.

- E.C. Henry from Bonney Lake, WA

M said...

There was a time, when one could actually find gold in movies.

That was a time, when a few decided that, no matter what, they would have found that gold.

And sometimes, along with the search for gold, it came glory.

The glory of taking risky paths no common man would ever dare to, to reach that gold.

The boldness to seek gold is within us. At times, one has just to drive it out.

[The Blond played a very dirty trick on both The Ugly and The Bad in this one, but once again -- it's for gold...]


M.

Ryan Rasmussen said...

You will.